Not everyone is blessed with naturally white teeth. Just like our hair or skin colour is different to other people, so is the natural colour of our teeth. However, as we grow older, the food we eat and the drinks we consume, not to mention the impact of smoking or inadequate dental care, can make a big difference to the colour of our teeth.
The desire for whiter teeth has grown significantly over the last few years; it’s no longer just for celebrities. Technological advancements have made it much easier and more affordable for anyone to get teeth whitening in Essex.
If you’ve yet to consider having your teeth whitened or have thought about it but are unsure if it’s the right thing to do for you, we’ve got five reasons for getting teeth whitening.
What Are Teeth Whitening?
Before we give you our five good reasons for teeth whitening, let’s give you a short explanation of what the whitening process is.
Teeth whitening is the process of bleaching your teeth to appear whiter. However, it must be remembered that whitening your teeth will only make them appear several shades lighter than they were. It will not make dark, stained teeth brilliantly white.
Professional dentists or dental hygienists should only carry out the process. That said, there are DIY teeth whitening kits you can use at home, although there are risks involved, or you can use a ‘whitening’ toothpaste – these contain a whitening agent. However, it would help if you always visit your dentist for teeth whitening for the best results.
5 Reasons For Whitening Your Teeth
There may be other reasons for whitening your teeth, but we believe these are the top five reasons:
- To Rectify Tooth Discolouration – the enamel on our teeth is affected by what we eat, drink and smoke over the years. Food and drinks, like tea, coffee, red wine and even some fruit (cherries and other berries), can cause tooth discolouration. But medical treatments can also cause this or trauma to your teeth. If your teeth are much darker due to one of these reasons, teeth whitening in Essex will significantly increase the whiteness of your teeth and reverse the effects of daily staining and yellowing.
- Boost Self-Confidence And Self-Esteem – so many people are afraid to smile because of the colour of their teeth. By whitening your teeth, you will be confident to smile constantly without fearing being judged.
- Enhances Your Appearance – even if you look after your teeth very well and have a lovely straight smile, there’s no escaping from the fact that the food and drink we consume will impact the colour of your teeth. Having your teeth whitened will reverse these effects and enhance your appearance.
- Helps You To Appear Younger – as we get older and the wrinkles start to appear, we begin to lack self-confidence as we are conscious of our wrinkles. Teeth whitening can help lessen wrinkles’ impact by making your teeth the centre of attention; it may even help you appear younger, too.
- Cost-Effective – getting your teeth whitened is now within reach. The teeth whitening process is cost-effective and won’t break the bank.
At Essex Smile Centre, we offer safe, reliable and effective teeth whitening that will deliver long-lasting results you can be proud of daily.